What it does:
- Syncro creates Assets for every install via a created installer in Syncro
- Allows Users to Approve new Asset
What it doesn't do:
- Indicate how the agent came to be
Seeing Unknown/Unexpected Assets?
Unknown assets generally get created when the installer gets run in a sandbox. Some email providers or customers may run any/all installers in a sandbox to confirm it's not a threat. The host IPs then get added to the Account as an Asset due to this.
We recently added a feature to approve or decline unknown assets. You can find additional information on that here: https://help.syncromsp.com/hc/en-us/articles/360051747874-Asset-Approval
Generally, these Assets can be identified because they might:
- Be assigned to your account
- Don’t have a name or other device information
- Were created but haven’t checked in since they were created
Existing assets that are unwanted/unused can be deleted