Bring your own SMTP allows you to use your own mail server for sending customer-facing emails out of Syncro.
Table of Contents:
To get started, head to Admin > Email (Scroll all the way down to the bottom) > SMTP.
Once you click on SMTP, you will need to check the box to use your own server and enter the details in the fields below the checkbox: After entering your credentials click the Test button to verify everything is working.
You will be prompted with a message letting you know to check your user email for the test message. Once you have verified you have received the message, you can click 'Save' to begin using the SMTP server.
Please use the following links for help on setting up different email servers.
IMPORTANT IF USING 2FA: You will need to use an Application Password
Microsoft Best Practices:
- Bring your own SMTP requires an inbound mailbox to be configured in Syncro to handle all inbound email. You can learn how to set this up here.
- Once activated, SMTP will handle all outbound email to your customers/clients. Example: ticket comment emails, invoice emails, etc.
- Bring your own SMTP will not send Syncro notification emails to your technicians and will still show as coming from Syncro. Example: Emails from the Notification Center such as New Lead Created or emails sent to the Private Staff/Admin Email
- Send as denied exception error: The SMTP username does not have permission to send from the outbox mailbox address. To fix this, make sure the SMTP credentials have permission to send email from the outbound mailbox.
- You can view a log of SMTP delivery errors on the Status Dashboard by heading to Admin > Status Dashboard > SMTP. If the error you see is not listed here please contact support at email@example.com