When you switch to Syncro from another RMM that uses Splashtop, you need to take steps to ensure the instances of Splashtop on each platform don't clash. These are the general steps to take, but you may need to modify them based on which RMM you used.
- In your old RMM, update policies to ensure they will not install Splashtop (ST) on assets or reinstall ST if removed from assets, then push out those policies to all assets.
- If you are unable to do step 1 in your old RMM's policies, then you will need to uninstall those policies to ensure they don't reinstall ST.
- Create a new Syncro asset policy with the Allow Technicians Remote Access To Assets On This Policy setting unchecked.
- Install the Syncro Agent on remote endpoints with the new asset policy applied.
- Go the Community Script library and import the "Uninstall Splashtop" script.
- Go to the Assets & RMM page and run that uninstall script on all assets that have ST installed (or whatever way you want to run it).
- Apply a new policy to the Syncro agents which has the Allow Technicians Remote Access To Assets On This Policy setting checked.
- Wait a bit to ensure Syncro completes installing Splashtop on your assets.
- Instruct your old RMM to uninstall itself or use Syncro scripts to run the old RMM's uninstall executable.