What it Does:
Allows you to remote in to an Asset using your ScreenConnect account
What it doesn't Do:
Give +3 to Vision
Table of Contents:
To get started head to Admin > App Center > ScreenConnect App Card
How to get the ScreenConnect URL and Instance ID:
(The Instance ID shown in the ConnectWise portal is NOT the ID needed for this integration. This will be shown in step 7)
- Login into your ScreenConnect account at https://cloud.screenconnect.com/#/account
- If you don't already have an instance created, you'll want to create one first
- With the instance created, copy the Instance URL highlighted here:
- Paste the Instance URL in the 'ScreenConnect URL' field in Syncro
- To get the Instance ID, you’ll need to access one of your endpoints that already has your ScreenConnect Client installed
- From the endpoint, head to the Windows Service manager, and locate the ScreenConnect Client service
- The Instance ID you’ll want to copy is in parenthesis in the service name. Here’s a screenshot highlighting this:
- Paste the Instance ID in the 'ScreenConnect Instance ID’ field in Syncro
- Next, click the Instance URL in ConnectWise Control to launch the Host
- Once you've launched the instance host, you'll be able to build the MSI installer to upload into Syncro
How to get a MSI Installer:
Go to build, and set it for MSI in the ACCESS button on the left hand side of the UI
Once you download the installer, make sure to rename it to exactly "screenconnect.msi" before uploading it to Syncro. Otherwise, with the Instance ID and URL entered and the MSI uploaded, you're all set! Hit Save!
That's it for authentication!
Now you will want to add the ScreenConnect integration to a Policy. Head to the Policies tab and select the Policy that will have ScreenConnect on it.
With ScreenConnect configured, there will be a new option to "BRING YOUR OWN SCREENCONNECT" to activate. Check the box and hit Save.
Once you activate this option, the system will begin to scan the Assets that have the Policy attached.
-If ScreenConnect is installed on the Asset with a ScreenConnect Instance ID that is different than the one you entered in the Settings step, then the system will install a new instance of ScreenConnect with the instance ID that was used in Syncro and upload the ScreenConnect unique GUID for the Asset.
-If ScreenConnect is not installed, we will install it using the ScreenConnect ID that was used during the Setup stage and upload the ScreenConnect unique GUID for the Asset.
*NOTE*: The sync can vary in time and of course depends if the Asset is online at the time. You will know if the Asset has synced if there is a ScreenConnect GUID in the Asset info.
*NOTE*: There is a ScreenConnect ID column you can turn on in the Device Settings button on the Device page.
Once everything is synced up, you can get to ScreenConnect by clicking the Device Quick Access or in the Device Details Screen using the Remote drop down.
1) If you are getting an error stating "One or more errors occurred." from ScreenConenct when you attempt to remote into the device from Syncro, please check that your main "Access" session group in ScreenConnect is named "All Machines" and try again.