This is a new powerful managed antivirus product that gives you the awesome power of Bitdefender at your fingertips for an amazing price.
What the Integration Does
- You get a portal account to Bitdefender Gravity Zone
- You can enable Bitdefender and have fine-grain controls over which modules are enabled via the Syncro RMM Policies
- Enable AV on a policy and all the assets with that policy will immediately get AV installed and appear in your Gravity Zone portal
- You can use the full Gravity Zone portal including creating Companies and Packages and doing manual installs, scans with Relay, and more
For an overview of Bitdefender Cloud Security, check out this video here:
Table of Contents
- Enable your Gravity Zone account
- Apply Bitdefender to a Syncro policy
- Managing your endpoints in the Gravity Zone portal
Enabling your Gravity Zone account
- Head over to the App Center and select the Bitdefender app card. The first step to enable the integration will be to provision your Gravity Zone account. Choose "Provision Account" here:
- An email from Bitdefender will be sent to admin email account displayed in the "Provision Account" button you selected from the app card. Open the email to retrieve your Gravity Zone login credentials and link to Gravity Zone's portal:
- Proceed to the Control Center Address link and enter the login credentials provided in the email from Bitdefender:
- Once you've logged into the Gravity Zone portal, this would be a great time to change your password to something more memorable. You can update your password here:
- Now it's time to create an API in the Gravity Zone portal for us to integrate with your new account. Under the Account Details settings where you updated your password, choose "Add" under the "API Keys" section:
- Important: When adding the API, you'll want to check all options for the key, otherwise you'll be unable to use Bitdefender with Syncro:
- Your API key is now generated! Select the API key again to open the API settings and copy the key to your clipboard:
- Now, you'll want to head back to the Bitdfender app card in your Syncro account and paste your API key and choose save:
You have now successfully setup the Bitdefender integration! You can now assign Bitdefender to any of your policies in Syncro and your agents will automatically install Bitdefender to manage. Once installed, your agents will populate in your Gravity Zone portal for you to assign Gravity Zone policies as well.
Applying Bitdefender to a Syncro policy
Now, with your Bitdefender integration enabled, let's assign Bitdefender to a policy. For this example, we are going to modify the Monitoring + AV policy to use the Bitdender MAV.
- Head to your policies section in Syncro. You can create a new policy to assign Bitdefender to, but in this example we're going to update the Monitoring + AV policy:
- Under the Managed AV section of your policy settings, go ahead and enable Bitdefender Managed AV. You'll notice that if the policy has another AV integration enabled, it will automatically disable for you. Magic!
- Now, a sync will be triggered for any of your devices with the Monitoring + AV policy to begin downloading and installing Bitdefender:
(PLEASE NOTE) BitDefender doesn't like to install when other AV's are active on a device. Head to the troubleshooting here for tools to help address the install/uninstall issues.
- Once installed, your device will populate in your Gravity Zone portal for you to further manage with Gravity Zone's policies:
You've now successfully configured Bitdefender Managed AV for your Syncro agents. Any Bitdefender AV alerts will begin triggering alerts in your Syncro account for you to manage!
Managing your endpoints in the Gravity Zone portal
The Gravity Zone portal provides some powerful tools for creating and assigning policies to your Syncro agents. We highly recommend reading up on all of the available tools available to you with a Bitdefender partner account here.
Learn more about Bitdefender's Patch Management capabilities here.
Let's walk through creating a new policy and assigning it to your Syncro agent.
- Head to your Gravity Zone portal and choose the "Policies" option from the sidebar on the left of the portal:
- Now you'll want to proceed to name and configure your new policy. Here are some useful links to help you get up and running with Gravity Zone's Policies:
Online Support Center
- Once you have your new policy configured, choose the "Network" option available on the sidebar to the left in the portal. Select the agent that you'd like to assign the new policy to, then select the option, "Assign Policy":
- Then, proceed to choose your new policy and choose "Finish":
You've now successfully created and assigned a policy to your Syncro agent from the Gravity Zone portal!
BitDefender doesn't like to install when other AV's are active on a device. It's also important to make sure that any previous AV's were fully removed.
Follow the link here to get to some additional removal tool resources:
Helpful Removal Guide from BitDefender:
In the case of Webroot, you can uninstall it, then head to the Community Scripting Guide and there is a removal script you can run after removing the software to make sure that that left-over registries or files are removed.
It's also possible that BitDefender did not fully install or was interrupted during install. This may mean you need to run a Removal of the failed install before BD will correctly install again. USe the link below to access the BD removal tool.