What it Does
Creates tickets when a phishing email is detected by Cyberfish in Syncro. Cyberfish is now called Cofense Protect.
The folks over at Cofense wrote a pretty comprehensive article to get going!
Integrating Cofense Protect with Syncro
We took the below steps from the article.
Step 1. Create a Mailbox in Syncro
The integration of Cofense Protect and Syncro requires you to create a mailbox in Syncro. Upon detection of a phishing email, Cofense Protect sends an email to this mailbox, which triggers the creation of a service ticket in Syncro.
To create a mailbox in Syncro:
- In Syncro, navigate to Admin > Emails - Mailboxes (inbound email).
- In the upper right, click New Mailbox.
- Complete the fields on the New Mailbox form.
- Click Automatically Create Tickets from emails to this mailbox dropdown > Only for existing Customers.
- Click Create Mailbox.
- By the new mailbox, click Activate.
- Follow the steps to activate the mailbox, detailed in Create Tickets automatically from inbound Email.
IMPORTANT: By default, Syncro emails customers upon ticket creation. To disable this setting, navigate to Admin > Tickets - Preferences, click Additional Settings, enable Tickets do not email initial issue by default, and click Save.
Step 2. Connect Cofense Protect to Syncro
To connect Cofense Protect to Syncro:
- In Cofense Protect, open Configuration > Integrations and click the Syncro tab.
- For Incoming Syncro Mailbox, type the email address of the newly created mailbox or the default Syncro email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Map the company to the company's preferred email contact. This information enables Cofense Protect to create a ticket for the company whenever a phishing incident is detected.
If you select None, Cofense Protect does not create a service ticket for the company.