Types of Labels
- Displays barcode, your business name, your phone number, Customer Business Name, Customer Phone Number, and Customer Email Address
- Barcodes are based on the customer phone number. Scanning this barcode into the "Search All the Things" or on the search box on the Customers page will bring up the individual customer page
- If you have google cloud print enabled, you can set this to print automatically at ticket creation
- Customer labels are not currently customizable
- Displays barcode, Asset Name, Customer Business Name, your business name, your phone number, your email address.
- Barcodes are system generated and identify each unique customer asset. Scanning this barcode in the "Search All the Things" field will bring up the asset page
- If you have google cloud print enabled, you can set this to print automatically at asset creation
- Customer asset labels are not currently customizable
- Displays your logo, barcode, ticket number, Issue Type, Ticket Subject, Customer Business Name, Customer phone number, Customer email address, your company name, phone number, email address.
- Barcodes are system generated and identify each unique ticket. Scanning this barcode in the "Search All the Things" field will bring up the ticket page
- If you have google cloud print enabled, you can set this to print automatically at ticket creation.
- We suggest AGAINST using the Ticket Label for customer work, since you will need to cover up the label with a new label for every repeat job with the customer - and it will be highly confusing for tracking a job if that label is ever not up to date. Typically the labels aren't easily removable, so if a computer comes in a few times in a year - it could start to get really ugly.
- Ticket labels are not currently customizable
- Displays barcode, Product Name, and Retail Price
- This barcode is based on the UPC/serial number for that particular product. Scanning this barcode into the Search Products and Inventory field will bring up the Inventory Item page
- Product labels are not currently customizable
- To print all your product labels, click on one of the buttons at the bottom of the inventory page
Print Labels Locally
Supported Label Printers:
1. Download this driver on your windows computer
2. Run the exe file
3. When you're asked to specify the printer model, choose "Eltron LP2844"
4. Confirm that it's showing up at Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers
5. Right click on the Zebra to edit its properties. Select the "Port" tabs. Select USB001 if it's not already selected.
6. Right click on the Zebra again to edit its preferences Select a 1"x3" paper size Select the "landscape" orientation
7. You are now ready to print labels!
8. Make sure that when you print to the Zebra using the windows print dialog that the paper size selected is also 1x3
The system works with any barcode scanner that sends the results as a regular text input device.
To set it up, just plug your USB scanner into your computer. A driver should be automatically installed. Scan your labels into the "Search all the Things" search box or another search field. If you have any trouble scanning, it's typically an issue with the label material. To troubleshoot:
1. Copy a label onto plain printer paper
2. Try scanning that barcode into a text editor
3. If the scanner is able to scan it, the problem was likely a matter of the reflectivity of the label material.