The Customer Portal is a place for your customers to view all sorts of information about their tickets, communicate back and forth with you, and pay you!
What it Does
- Customer can view existing Tickets or Create new Tickets by default
- Customers can view Invoices and pay you if you are using a Payment Integration
- Customers can approve or decline Estimates
- Customers can View uploaded documents
- Customers can see Assets you have worked on
- Customer can view past payment amounts
What it Doesn't Do
- It's not an actual portal created from folded space-time. Well, maybe in a different universe it is.
Table of Contents
You can choose the color accent of the Portal! Head to Admin > General Preferences to choose the Customer Portal Accent color or click here to learn more.
There are 3 ways your customers can access their portal.
1. There is a link at the bottom of each ticket email that they can click to directly sign into their portal.
2. You can embed our Sign in widget right into your website that they can use with their Ticket # and last name.
3. You can provide the below Syncro Customer Portal login link to customers, where you substitute "yoursubdomain" with your actual subdomain.
Important: Customers must use the above URL to login to the Customer Portal, rather than https://yourdomain.syncromsp.com/users/sign_in, which is what your staff and techs use.
If you want to see a Customer's portal, you can go to their Customer Detail page. In the "Customer Information" box you will see a link to view their Portal Profile.
If a Customer wants to log in to their portal with a username and password, you can also create a Portal User.
It is possible to redirect the customer to a custom URL of your choosing if you do not want your customer's using the Customer Portal.
To do this, head to Admin > Customer Preferences > Advanced > Disable Customer Portal and redirect to URL (Leave blank to allow access). The Text Field will be empty (meaning Customer's can access the Portal). You must enter a URL that includes either http:// or https:// for the function to work.
Based on their portal user permission group, customers will see an overview of the portal:
Selecting 'View All' brings up all items in a module with additional search criteria for that module:
If you need access to the user portal, you can reach the user portal at the following link below.
Make sure to change the yoursubdomain in the URL to your actual subdomain.
To be clear, the above URL is for your staff and techs to be able to use the Syncro website. Your customers must use the below URL to access the Customer Portal.