Overview of our QuickBooks Integrations (Online vs Desktop)
What it Does
|Functionality||QuickBooks Online||QuickBooks Desktop|
|Sends Customer records to QB when an invoice is updated and synced||Yes||Yes|
|Sends Customer records to QB when a customer is updated||No||No|
|Syncs Payments from Quickbooks to Syncro||Yes||No|
|Sends Invoice records to QB when an invoice is updated||Yes||Yes|
|Sends Invoice records to Syncro when an invoice is updated in QB||No||No|
|Sends Payment records to QB when a payment is made||Yes||Yes|
|Sends Purchase Orders to QB||Yes||No|
|Sends Products to QB (as items) when a product is updated||Yes||No|
|Live Updates - updates are sent immediately||Yes||No*|
|Able to send your entire Customer list to QB at initial setup||Yes||Yes|
|Able to import your customers from QB at initial setup||Yes||Yes|
|Invoices with $0 totals sync||Yes||Yes ***|
|Tax Groups support for complex tax configurations||Yes||No|
|Overpayments (a payment that is made for more than the invoice)||Yes||Yes|
|Split Payments (multiple payments to complete an invoice)||Yes||Yes|
|One-Time export all Customers to QB||Yes||Yes|
|One-Time export all Products to QB||Yes||Yes|
|Void/Delete in QB for Invoices when deleted in Syncro||Yes||Yes|
|Automatically syncs your customer databases both ways (QB <-> Syncro)||No||No|
|Imports payments made in QB into Syncro||Yes||No|
|Imports a single payment made in QB, applied to multiple invoices, into Syncro||No||No|
|After moving a payment in QB from one invoice to another, sync the change to Syncro||No||No|
|Works with Intuit Merchant Services||No||No|
|Creates Purchase Order Bills when PO is marked finished in Syncro||Yes||No|
|Refund Invoices sync****||No||No|
|Customer Purchases sync||No||No|
* They sync when you run the QBWC tool on your desktop
** They map as real customers in Syncro, not sub customers
*** They sync after they are marked paid
**** Invoices with refunds need to be adjusted manually in Quickbooks
Syncro works with all QuickBooks Online Small Business editions.
What it Doesn't Do
- It will not sync categories.
- It is not a two-way sync. The only exception are payments on Quickbooks Online—the setting must be checked to enable.
- Purchase order shipping, notes and tax do not sync.
- It will not sync any new customers or updates made to a customer until there is an invoice of theirs to sync. If you simply want to update a customer without creating an invoice, you will need to make the changes yourself in both Syncro and QuickBooks.
- Customer Contacts do not sync to Quickbooks.
- Refunds do not sync to Quickbooks.
- It does not work with the QuickBooks Online Freelancer Self-Employed edition, as Syncro is designed to work with QuickBooks packages that include inventory management functionality.
Important note on Quickbooks: Have your Quickbooks account properly configured by a bookkeeper/accountant before syncing with Syncro. Make sure there are no errors or bad/incomplete data. This includes things like:
- Chart of accounts set up so we can link invoices to accounts
- Payment methods
- Tax Rates
- Customer list and product list cleaned up and organized
Not having Quickbooks properly configured before syncing will cause long term issues that can be difficult to reconcile. If you have any errors, or any bad/incomplete data in Quickbooks, resolve them before setting up the sync. If you are setting up your Quickbooks account for the first time, have a bookkeeper/accountant set it up before syncing with Syncro. If you do have any errors in Quickbooks, contact Intuit to resolve them before syncing with Syncro.
After confirming that your Quickbooks account is properly set up and working smoothly: