What it does
- Gives you a place to put content for your team with a nice HTML editor so you can put all kinds of nice looking content including images and videos
- Easily create parent pages to link them children pages to create a hierarchy
- Add links to other pages, websites, custom widgets, booking calendars, and more
- Set document privileges to give all, one, or no customers access to certain documents in their customer portal
- Add a navigation side bar to organize your documentation internally
- Create customer specific documentation for each customer utilizing our template tags, making cloning documents for each specific customer that much easier
What it doesn't do
- Doesn't allow you to store files for download - but you can link to files that are accessible on the internet.
- Cannot link documents to assets (coming soon).
Getting Started with Customer Documentation
The customer wiki, located on the main customer detail page, is a place to include many details about your customer both internally, and externally in the customer portal. You can enable it under Admin > Customers > Preferences:
Once you upload your image, there are 2 options for image size. Clicking either one will copy a URL to your clipboard. Once it's been copied, head to the Insert button > Image > In the Source field, paste the URL and Save. Your image should then load in to the editor. Easy!
You can also click the "Customer Online Profile" link to view what the customer sees inside their portal for their newly created documentation section:
Important notes for customer documents:
- If you want the customer to have access to this documentation, set the page type to Customer Portal
- If you do not want to associate this page to a specific customer, but would like all customers to have access to this documentation, leave the Customer Name blank
- On the other hand, if you only want a certain customer access to this page, please ensure to add the customer's name from the dropdown when typing the name into the text field